How to Disable Your Bank ATM if Stolen or Misplaced
Welcome Reader. During the last few past months, ATM theft and fraud have been the order of the day. These stolen cards are used to purchase items online or sometimes, the victim's account is drained of all the cash available in the account.
So in case of an emergency involving a lost card, this post should come in handy as-per on how to disable your card quickly even without going to the bank. Enjoy the Ride.
How to Block Your ATM Card Depending on Your Bank
Block your GTB card
- Simply dial *737*51*10# on your mobile device. Make sure your phone number is associated with your GTBank account.
ALSO READ: How To Disable Windows Defender (Windows 10)
Block GTB ATM card through INTERNET BANKING/APP
Log on to your internet banking profile and block your ATM yourself following the steps below.
- Login to your GTBank internet/app.
- Locate where there is a card and click on it.
- Select ‘Hotlist’ and insert your card number, request reason and so on.
- Click submits and waits.
- A Pop-up screen option will appear asking you to confirm the deactivation of your ATM card.
How To Block First Bank ATM Card With USSD Code
To block your First Bank card, simply use your phone and ensure that the SIM card on the phone is registered with your First Bank account.
To block your First Bank ATM Card
- Send “BLOCK” to 30012. Within 24 hours your ATM card will be blocked and it can’t be used to withdraw or make a payment again.
Now you need to visit any First Bank branch and apply for a new ATM card.
How To Block Fidelity Bank ATM Card
- To block Fidelity bank card, Simply dial *770*911# on your registered phone number connected to the account and follow the prompts.
- A list of your entire ATM card connected to the account will be displayed and you will be asked to select the particular one you will like to block.
Also, you may wish to contact the Fidelity Bank to block your ATM card via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
ALSO READ: How To Encrypt Your FlashDrive
How To Block Zenith Bank ATM Card
Via your App/internet
- Log in to the app
- Click on the menu bar and select Cards and Cheques
- Select Deactivate Card under Type and enter a reason.
- Now click on continue.
How To Use Zenith Bank USSD Protect Code
- Simply dial *966*911# from any Mobile device
- Enter your account number followed by your Mobile number
- Press 1 to confirm your request and instantly block your account.
For further assistance, contact Zenith help desk via phone call using the following numbers 012787000, 014647000 and 012927000.
How To Block Stanbic IBTC Bank ATM Card
Vai USSD code.
- Simply dial the code *909#
- Select my bank
- Select service request
- Click on block card.
Alternatively, you can do this by sending SMS to Stanbic IBTC bank. Send Block card NUBAN to 30909 via your registered mobile number. Replaced the NUBAN with the 10-digits of your account number Link to the card.
ALSO READ: How To Get Hammer VPN Premium Account
How To Block Union Bank ATM Card
To block your Union Bank card, simply text BLOCK CARD NUBAN via SMS to 20123 using the phone number registered to your account. You should replace the NUBAN with the 10-digit of your account number.
How To Block Access Bank ATM Card
Access bank does not require you dialing code or sending SMS messages, Simply do the following.
- For lost of your debit card dial 18005548969
- For lost of your credit card dial 18005583424
- You are done with this; your card will be deactivated instantly
How To Block Keystone Bank ATM Card
Keystone bank does not require sending codes or internet app usage.
To block your Keystone Bank Card kindly send them an email through their email id: firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on +234 700 2000 3000.
How To Block Wema Bank ATM Card
Wema Bank ATM card can be blocked via the Wema Mobile app or Wema Internet banking solution.
The lost card can easily be deactivated through text messages. Just send CARD ATM OFF to 33352 using your registered mobile number with the Wema Bank account.
How To Block UBA (United Bank Of Africa)
To block your lost or stolen UBA ATM/Debit Card, simply dial *919*10# from your mobile line that is registered with the UBA Bank account.
Alternatively, follow the steps below using ussd and follow the prompt command
- Dial *919#
- Select “7” for next
- Select Banking services
- Select “1” to block debit card
- Enter your account number and send, and you are done.
You can block your UBA ATM card through internet banking/App platform
Just log on to the UBA internet banking platform
- Select self-service
- Request to block your card
Alternatively, you can contact the UBA help desk through +2347002255822 or send them an email on email@example.com.
How To Block Sterling Bank ATM Card
For you to block your Sterling Bank Card, simply contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 070078375464.
ALSO READ: How To Format A Write Protected Drive
How to Block ECOBANK Card
To block EcoBank Card, simply follow the steps below.
Send “STOP ATM NUBAN NUMBER” to 08063262265, replace NUBAN with your account number.
For example send “STOP ATM 1020415263” to 08063262265.
HOW to Block FCMB Card
FCMB does not require sending codes but simply call them on +234 2798800 or Email them on email@example.com requesting that your ATM Card account should be blocked after the provision of relevant information.
How To Block Unity Bank ATM Card
If you suspect any fraudulent activity or you lost your Unity Bank ATM Card, you can request them to instantly block your card
- through a phone call on +2347080666000, +2347057323226, +2347057323227
OR you can email them on
- firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their official website www.unitybankng.com.
If you notice that your card has been stolen or misplaced, you can immediately transfer all your funds to a different bank account and then proceed to disable your card.
Feel free to ask your questions if there are any...